Updated: Crash on A11 at Attleborough
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A road has reopened following a crash involving a single vehicle on the A11 at Attleborough this morning.
The crash involving a silver Ford Focus happened on the Norwich-bound carriageway of the A11 at the roundabout near Breckland Lodge shortly before 10am today.
A Norfolk police spokesman said the female driver of the vehicle was 'conscious and breathing' following the crash.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service sent crews from Attleborough, Wymondham and Hethersett to the scene and used hydraulic rescue equipment to free a woman from the vehicle, and firefighters were at the scene until shortly after 11am.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance and the East of England Ambulance Service were also called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
An air ambulance spokesman said a woman in her 20s was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by land ambulance.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said the person's condition was 'not life threatening.'
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 7 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 8 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 9 Shock as cleaner finds a snake in house
- 10 An exit not entirely of his own making for City commercial chief
A Norfolk police spokesman said access to the A11 at the Shropham Road was closed with diversions in place.
He said there were delays on the A11 but the road was still passable.