Update: Woman in her 70s dies after collapsing in Toftwood, Dereham
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
A woman in her 70s died after she collapsed in a road in Toftwood.
Emergency services were called to Hillcrest Avenue in Toftwood, Dereham, just before 3pm yesterday.
It is believed the woman fell to the ground when she was walking towards the A1075 Shipdham Road on her way to pick up children from one of the nearby schools.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said despite efforts to resuscitate the woman, she was pronounced dead at the scene.
The cause of death is not yet known but a Norfolk police spokesman said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.
You may also want to watch:
Police blocked off the road while emergency services were at the scene and buses were diverted away from Hillcrest Avenue
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 6 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 7 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham