Update: Watton teenager killed in A1075 crash
An 18-year-old motorcyclist has been killed and two other people injured in a road crash which could have been caused by a deer running onto the carriageway.
Emergency crews were called shortly after 10pm last night (Friday) to a side road off the A1075 between Watton and Shipdham, near Dereham.
The motorcyclist, an 18-year-old man from the Watton area, was found dead at the scene, while two people were trapped in an overturned car and the carcass of a large deer was discovered in the road.
Fire crews released two casualties from the car, who were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with minor injuries.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: 'The rider died at the scene. There is a possibility that the deer on the road might have been the cause of the motorcycle rider coming off the bike. That is just a possibility, and it is being looked into at this time. The people in the other car did not have life-threatening injuries.'
You may also want to watch:
No further details about the motorcyclist have yet been released.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain