UPDATE: Two taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after A47 crash
Two people were taken to hospital with serious injuries on Saturday night after two cars crashed on the A47, leaving one car on its side in a field.
Emergency services were called to the scene, near to the Watton Road junction, near Colney, shortly before 8pm.
Fire engines from Hethersett, Long Stratton and Great Yarmouth attended to cut one person free using hydraulic rescue equipment, and stabilised the vehicles.
Originally this crash was reported as being near to Witton, near Blofield. We apologise for any confusion.
The East of England Ambulance Service confirmed that two people were taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital but could not confirm the ages or extent of injuries to the people involved.
You may also want to watch:
It is now understood that a broken back was suffered by a woman in the crash and a man broke his collar bone and ribs, and also received a cut to his head.
Did you see the crash or do you know the people involved? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email@example.com
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea