UPDATE: three arrests in connection with Yarmouth mugging
A second female and a male have been arrested and bailed in connection with an incident where a young woman was dragged into an alleyway, assaulted and mugged by a gang of four people.
A woman was arrested and released on bail in connection with the robbery last week.
Jaqueline Makki, 21 of Great Yarmouth, was returning home from Evolution nightclub in King Street when she was mugged near Tolhouse Street on Saturday, December 17.
Police are treating the incident as a racially aggravated robbery, and have been hunting the attackers who they believe are all aged between 17 and 25.
A spokesman said: 'The victim, a 21 year old woman, had left Evolution nightclub and was being followed by two females and two males.
You may also want to watch:
'The females then attacked her in an unprovoked assault. They then attempted to steal the victim's handbag and it was eventually forcibly removed.
'The victim sustained bruising to the face and body in the incident and was badly shaken.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
Enquiries are continuing and anyone who witnessed the incident or has knowledge of it should call DC Matthew Cornwall at Yarmouth CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.