Update: Tesco looks to add to new store being built at Mundesley
Tesco is seeking to add to the Express store it is currently building at Mundesley.
The retail giant is currently creating a new store at the site of the former Ray's Stores in Cromer Road.
Fencing around the construction site has signs flagging up the new facility of an ATM cash machine but an opening date space remains blank.
A company spokesman confirmed it was seeking 'approval on additions'' before being able to firm up a timescale for opening.
He added: 'Submissions have now been made for approval of small additions at site, such as signage and the ATM, as well as works to improve the pavement outside, which are being processed by the planning authority.
You may also want to watch:
'We are grateful for the positive feedback we have received from residents on our plans to bring convenient local shopping and services to Mundesley, particularly about the provision of an ATM and a wider range of food choices.'
In July it was revealed how traders had started a petition in response to the plans to build a Tesco store on the site, with worries it would impact on existing businesses in the village.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 7 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
At the time Tesco said it would not be competing with any of the local shops.
Roger Craske from Mundesley Butchers this week added: 'There is not a lot we can do to stop it. We have just got to stay as long as we can.'