UPDATE: Teenager killed in crash on major Norwich road
A man in his late teens has died in a crash which happened on a major Norwich road this morning, police have confirmed.
Police and ambulance crews were called to the crash which happened on the B1150 North Walsham Road between the junction of Crostwick Lane, Spixworth and Norwich Rugby Club at just before 10am today.
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) said two vehicles heading in the opposite direction on the B1150 were involved in a crash which resulted in fatal injuries for one of the drivers.
The victim, who has not been named, died at the scene. The male driver and the female passenger of the other vehicle were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
Motorists had been advised to avoid the area as the road was closed following the crash although it did reopen at 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said the East Anglian Air Ambulance, three rapid response vehicles and a land ambulance attended the crash.
He said: 'We were called at 10am and arrived on scene at 10.07am. Sadly despite our best efforts one casualty was declared deceased at the scene and our thoughts are with the family.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
Any witnesses to the collision or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the collision should call the Norfolk SCIT on 101.