Update: Teenager charged with Lowestoft burglary
- Credit: Archant © 2009
A 15-year-old boy has been charged with burglary after a break-in at a home in Elmhurst Avenue, Oulton Broad last night.
The teenager, from Lowestoft – who cannot be named for legal reasons – was arrested by police in the early hours of this morning (Friday, April 12), after officers were contacted by an alert member of the public about 12.20am when they noticed a man acting suspiciously.
The 15-year-old was located lying on the roof of a garage nearby by officers accompanied by a police dog.
He was taken into custody and interviewed by detectives before being charged with the burglary.
He has now been bailed to appear at Lowestoft Youth Court on Wednesday, May 8.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy