Update: Road reopens following fatal three car accident on A134 near Thetford
Police are investigating how three cars travelling in opposite directions collided on a busy single carriageway this morning, killing the driver of a Golf.
The red VW Golf was heading into Thetford on the A134 when the collision happened with an Audi heading in the opposite direction towards Bury St Edmunds at Barnham Cross Common shortly before 6am. An Alfa Romeo was also involved in the accident.
The road was closed in both directions between Barnham Crossroads and Thetford while police and fire crews also dealt with an oil spill and was set to reopen at 11.30am.
The driver of the Golf, a man in his 60s from Bury St Edmunds, died at the scene, while the three people in the Audi were taken to the West Suffolk Hospital with minor injuries.
Sgt Peter Howlett, of Swaffham road policing team, said specialist officers had been drafted in to determine where the vehicles were in the road at the time of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'We are investigating how a number of vehicles travelling in opposite directions have collided with each other.'
Officers want to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the fatal accident or the manner of driving of the vehicles involved beforehand, Contact Sgt Peter Howlett at Swaffham Roads Policing on 101.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain