UPDATE: Road reopens after fatal A47 crash at Brundall
A female motorist in her 80s has been killed after hitting a tree at the A47 Brundall roundabout.
Initial reports suggested it was a man who had been killed in the crash, but police have since confirmed the person confirmed dead at the scene was a female.
The incident took place at around 1pm at the Blofield roundabout on the A47 close to Norwich.
A silver Toyota Corolla left the highway and ended up upside down on the centre of the roundabout.
The road was closed between Thorpe St Andrew and Blofield in the Yarmouth direction to allow emergency services to attend the scene.
But the road reopened at just after 5.30pm.
Inquires are ongoing but officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have spotted the Toyota prior to the incident.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 3 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 7 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 8 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 9 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 10 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
Witnesses are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) at Norfolk Constabulary on 101.