Update: Road between Sheringham and Weybourne reopened after motorcyclist in his 70s dies following crash
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist in his 70s has died this afternoon following a crash involving two cars and a motorbike on the Coast Road in north Norfolk.
Emergency services were called to the accident at about 12.50pm on the A149 near Weybourne, including a crew from the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Captain Wayne Goudie flew Dr Antonio Bellini and CCP Andy Downes to the location, landing just before 1.30pm.
A spokesman from the EAAA said: 'The medics worked alongside their EEAST colleagues to treat a male motorcyclist in his 70′s but despite the best efforts of all those on scene, the patient died.
'Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time.'
You may also want to watch:
A rapid response vehicle, an ambulance and a paramedic officer from the East of England Ambulance Service all attended the scene, as well as police and a Norfolk and Fire Rescue Service appliance from Sheringham.
A stretch of the A149, between Sheringham and Weybourne, was closed for most of the afternoon while a collision investigation took place.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
• Any witnesses to this collision are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk Police on 101.