UPDATE: Police renew appeals to attempted armed robbery in Lowestoft
A SHOP assistant was threatened with a gun during an attempted armed robbery in Lowestoft.
Police are renewing appeals for information after the attempted armed robbery at a shop in Lowestoft about 8pm on Friday evening (December 16).
Just after 8pm a white man entered Kerry's Mini Market on Stanley Street and demanded cash from the till, threatening the assistant with a gun.
The assistant called the police and the man fled empty-handed.
The man is of stocky build, about 5ft 10ins tall wearing a black jacket, a dark coloured hooded top with the hood up, dark combat trousers, large black boots, white socks, light coloured gloves. He was also carrying a small black bag.
You may also want to watch:
'Detectives are continuing enquiries into the incident and are asking anyone who may have been in central Lowestoft around this time to think back to see if they remember seeing someone meeting this description,' a police spokesman said. 'Officers are also keen to hear from anyone with information about the incident or the offender.'
• If you can help please call Lowestoft CID on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich