Update: Police confirm Norwich church death not suspicious
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed that there are no suspicious circumstances after a body was discovered in Norwich on Saturday.
It is understood that officers were called to the scene near to St Saviour's Church, in St Saviours Lane, off Magdalen Street, at around 10.30am on Saturday.
Two forensic services vans were on scene, with an area near to the church entrance obscured by officers holding a white sheet.
A cordon was put in place sealing off the street and was lifted at about 3pm, with St Saviours re-opening to traffic and pedestrians.
The identity of the deceased has not been released.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 6 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 7 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 8 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks