UPDATE: Police appeal for witnesses to serious car crash near Fakenham
Police have today launched an appeal for witnesses to a serious road traffic collision which happened near Fakenham yesterday afternoon.
At approximately 3pm, a green Volvo V40 was travelling from Fakenham towards Dereham on the B1146 Dereham Road, when, close to the junction with Market Hill, between Pudding Norton and Colkirk, it was in collision with a red Audi A4 heading in the opposite direction.
The driver of the Volvo, a local man in his late 40s, received serious leg injuries and the driver of the Audi, a local woman in her mid 30s received chest injuries.
Both were taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in an air ambulance and the B1146 was closed both ways at the Dereham Road junction for several hours.
PC Steve Bodle, from Swaffham Road Policing, would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident. PC Bodle can be contacted on 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 2 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 3 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 4 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious