Update: One person taken to hospital after fire at farm workshop in Saham Hills, near Watton
- Credit: Archant
Police, paramedics and firefighters from four towns converged on a blaze in a large farm workshop because of fears about several cylinders in the building.
They were called to the farm on Hills Road in Saham Hills, near Watton, at 2.21pm today.
The ambulance service was called to reports that one person had suffered suspected smoke inhalation, and took them to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further care.
No information about their age or gender was available.
Fire crews from Watton, Dereham, Hingham, Swaffham and the water carrier from Hethersett were sent to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The firefighters removed the cylinders from the workshop, and have been cooling them down.
Crews used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire itself.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 6 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 7 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 8 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach
Hills Road is closed in both directions near the Ploughboy Lane junction.