UPDATE: Murder probe launched after Norwich Prince of Wales Road attack man dies
Detectives have launched a murder investigation after a man who was attacked in Norwich in the early hours of this morning (Friday) died in hospital.
Police were called to Chicago's nightclub in Prince of Wales Road at around 2.25am following reports a man had been assaulted outside the venue.
The 43-year-old victim was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with serious head injuries, but he died this afternoon.
Detectives from the joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team (MIT) have now launched a murder enquiry following the death.
They said clubbers and pubgoers could hold the key to solving the murder and appealed for them to call the police with any information, no matter how insignificant it might seem.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Neil Luckett, who is heading the investigation, said: 'It was a particularly busy time of night in an area frequented by hundreds of pub and club goers.
'We would therefore like to speak to anyone who believes they may have witnessed the altercation which has sadly led to the death of the victim.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
'No matter how insignificant you may think the information is we would still like to hear from you.'
Six men have been arrested in connection with the incident and tonight remained in police custody.
They are two 30-year-olds from the Milton Keynes area, a 36-year-old, a 27-year-old and a 37-year-old from the London area and a 43-year-old man.
Police stressed this was an isolated incident outside a city nightclub and was not being linked to any of the unrest which has happened across the rest of the country.
Anyone with information should call Detective Chief Inspector Neil Luckett at Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.