UPDATE: Motorcyclist who died in Acle Straight collision was attempting to overtake vehicle
A motorcyclist appeared to be overtaking another vehicle when he was killed on the Acle Straight, an inquest heard today.
Alan Southgate, 52, who lived in Nursery Close, Acle, was riding his Kawasaki motorcycle to work when it was in collision with two lorries on the A47.
The fatal crash happened just before 7am on Tuesday, June 26.
Norfolk coroner William Armstrong said Mr Southgate, who was travelling towards Great Yarmouth, appeared to be overtaking a vehicle when he collided with another vehicle travelling in the opposite direction.
He died at the scene and the inquest was adjourned.
Mr Southgate's cause of death was given as bone and tissue injuries.
It was the second fatal crash on the stretch of road this year.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'