Update: More tests needed into death of Dereham man found in pond
Pathologists will conduct further tests into the death of a 45-year-old man found dead in a woodland pond.
The body of Gary Elliott, of Heffer Close, Dereham, who had been missing for eight days, was found in a shallow pond down a wooded footpath between the A1075 and South Green on June 26.
An inquest was opened on Friday and adjourned while further tests take place.
Police are not treating his death as suspicious.
The area, surrounded by thick foliage, was cordoned off for several hours after the discovery was made by a dog walker just before 10.30am on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Flowers have since been laid at the scene.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 6 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 7 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns