Update: Man who died in Ipswich crushing accident is named
Police have named a man who died following an incident at Ipswich Docks on Friday - while another man from Lowestoft remains in hospital.
Neville Wightman, 52, from the Ipswich area, died after being crushed by a section of floating pontoon at the port on Cliff Road.
A post mortem examination found that Mr Wightman died as a result of massive crushing injuries.
The other man, believed to be in his 40s, was also injured in the incident and was taken to Ipswich Hospital where he remains in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries.
A joint police and Health and Safety Executive investigation is continuing.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17