Update: Man taken to hospital in critical condition after A47 Acle Straight crash at Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A man in his 30s was taken to hospital in a critical condition after a crash on the A47 Acle Straight last night.
The crash happened just before 10pm on the road between the Runham roundabout and the Paddy's Loke junction.
Two fire crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston went to the scene and police directed traffic while firefighters carried out their work.
The East of England Ambulance Service sent two rapid response cars, an ambulance, a volunteer BASICS doctor and a paramedic officer.
A volunteer critical care paramedic from emergency medical charity SARS (Suffolk Accident Rescue Service) also attended the crash.
You may also want to watch:
The charity said a man in his 30s was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in a critical condition after being 'ejected' from his car.
He suffered what the ambulance service described as 'serious' head and chest injuries.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 5 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 9 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
The whole of the Acle Straight - stretching from the Acle roundabout to the Runham roundabout - was shut both ways while the accident was dealt with.
The road remained shut until just after 5am, while police investigation and clear up work continued.
The crash was one of three on the county's roads last night.
Firefighters from Hingham and Wymondham went to one on the B1108 Norwich Road at Hingham just before 7.45pm.
The crash, which involved two cars, happened near the Seamere Road junction.
The road was closed while firefighters used hydraulic rescue equipment and helped make the scene safe.
And earlier in the evening, firefighters went to a crash in Norwich.
That crash happened in Churchill Road, off Magdalen Road, at about 5.20pm.
Fire crews from Sprowston and Carrow went to the scene.