UPDATE: Man released on bail after weapons haul found at East Runton house
A 63-year-old man from the Cromer area has been released on bail after a 'large quantity' of ammunition was found at a house at East Runton on Tuesday.
Officers investigated the haul at a property on Thains Lane, much of which is said to be 'historic', and the seal on the property has now been lifted following a search.
Police were initially called to the scene at 12.30pm on Tuesday to execute a warrant for other matters when they found the ammunition.
A cordon was put in place and the Army's explosive ordnance disposal team attended to make the ammunition safe. The ammunition has now been seized.
The man arrested in connection with the discovery has been bailed until early October pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault