Update: Man found on fire in Thetford has died
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A man who was being treated in hospital after being found on fire outside flats in Thetford in the early hours of this morning has died.
Police were called to Walmington Court, off Station Road, at 12.30am after concerns were raised by members of the public for a man who appeared to be alight in the street.
Other emergency services, including the East of England Ambulance Service, the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service and the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service charity, also attended the scene, where the victim, aged in his early 40s, was treated before being taken to the West Suffolk Hospital.
He was then transferred to a specialist unit in Chelmsford with life-threatening burn injuries but later died.
While police continue to make inquiries into the circumstances leading to this incident, it is not at this time being treated as suspicious and no-one else is believed to have been involved.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin have been informed and an inquest will be opened in due course.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 8 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 9 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case