UPDATE: Man dies after Little Melton crash
A young man has died after receiving serious head injuries in a crash at Little Melton.
The crash happened on the Watton Road just before 6.10pm last night (Friday).
The 33-year-old was driving a yellow Volkswagen LT35 van which crashed after it left the B1108 road.
Firefighters from Earlham, Wymondham and Norwich went to the crash and used hydraulic rescue equipment and airbags to release the man.
He was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with serious head injuries, where he later died.
You may also want to watch:
Police have yet to release his name.
Norfolk police today launched an appeal for witnesses to the crash and anyone who saw the way the van, which was heading towards Norwich, was being driven beforehand.
- 1 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 8 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
Anyone who can help should call the serious collision investigation team at Wymondham on 0845 4564567.