UPDATE: Man arrested on suspicion of arson in Diss
A man has been arrested on suspicion of arson following a fire in Diss which led to some people being evacuated from their homes in the early hours of this morning.
The 29-year-old is currently being held in police custody at Bury Police Investigation Centre.
Police officers were called to Ladbrooke Close shortly after 1am by Norfok Fire and Rescue Service who were dealing with a bin fire which had spread to garages.
Two fire engines from Diss attended the scene and used breathing apparatus and hose reel jets to extinguish the flames.
Next-door neighbours were evacuated from their homes as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
Ventilation of the premises was also carried out and one casualty was treated for smoke inhalation.
Police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the fire.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
Anyone with information should contact DC Kevin Simmonds at Thetford CID on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.