Update: Man arrested as victim of violent Great Yarmouth attack remains in critical condition
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Detectives investigating the circumstances surrounding an assault in Great Yarmouth late on Saturday night have arrested a man.
The 26-year-old from Great Yarmouth was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and has been taken to a Norfolk Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Officers were called to an address on Albion Road at about 10.30am yesterday after an incident inside a house.
Two men are believed to have been assaulted at about 7pm on Saturday.
One man, aged 55, has been taken to Addenbrookes Hospital for treatment to serious head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
He remains in hospital in a critical condition.
The other man, aged 62, sustained cuts to his head but was not admitted to hospital.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
A cordon remains in place at the premises as enquiries continue.
Anyone with information, who saw any suspicious activity in the area or has knowledge of the incident is asked to contact the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.