UPDATE: Man appears at court charged with armed robberies in Dereham and Swaffham
A 21-year-old man appeared at court today charged with carrying out armed robberies in a newsagent and petrol station last week.
Jordan Louis Carr spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth and address at a hearing at King's Lynn Magistrates' Court just after 10am and did not enter a plea.
Carr, of no fixed abode, has been charged with two robberies in Dereham and Swaffham and two counts of possessing an imitation BB gun during both offences.
The Dereham incident took place last Friday at the B and P Newsagents on Stone Road, Toftwood. The second robbery happened at the BP at Norwich Road, Swaffham, last Thursday.
Prosecutor Phil Charnley urged the magistrates to send the case to the crown court because it was not suitable for summary trial.
You may also want to watch:
Alison Muir, for Carr, made no representations and did not make an application for bail.
Lead magistrate Meher Vanner sent the case to Norwich Crown Court and remanded Carr in custody until his next court appearance next month.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
A 28-year-old man also arrested in connection with both armed robberies has been released on police bail pending further enquiries.