UPDATE: Investigations continue as woman remains in a critical condition after suffering ‘life threatening’ injuries in Lowestoft
A WOMAN remains in a critical condition in hospital after suffering 'life threatening' head injuries in Lowestoft.
The 30-year-old woman is fighting for her life in Addenbrookes Hospital today (Tuesday, April 10), as police continue their investigation into how she suffered serious head injuries.
The woman was found in a courtyard at the back of flats in London Road South, Lowestoft, about 2.30am yesterday (Monday).
A 34-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm a short time later and he was taken into custody at Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre where he was interviewed by officers. He has now been bailed to return to police on June 14.
A police spokesman said: 'Police are continuing to talk to residents in the area to try to determine exactly what happened and are asking anyone who saw or heard anything between 10pm on Sunday, April 8 and 2.30am on Monday, April 9 to call Lowestoft CID on 101.'
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 3 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 4 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 5 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 6 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 7 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 8 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk