UPDATE: Investigations continue as woman remains in a critical condition after suffering ‘life threatening’ injuries in Lowestoft
A WOMAN remains in a critical condition in hospital after suffering 'life threatening' head injuries in Lowestoft.
The 30-year-old woman is fighting for her life in Addenbrookes Hospital today (Tuesday, April 10), as police continue their investigation into how she suffered serious head injuries.
The woman was found in a courtyard at the back of flats in London Road South, Lowestoft, about 2.30am yesterday (Monday).
A 34-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm a short time later and he was taken into custody at Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre where he was interviewed by officers. He has now been bailed to return to police on June 14.
A police spokesman said: 'Police are continuing to talk to residents in the area to try to determine exactly what happened and are asking anyone who saw or heard anything between 10pm on Sunday, April 8 and 2.30am on Monday, April 9 to call Lowestoft CID on 101.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 A47 opens 18 hours after HGV overturns in crash with car
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed