Update: Investigation ongoing after woman killed on B1107 at Thetford
An investigation into the cause of a crash which killed a pedestrian this morning (Friday) is under way.
The woman, said to be in her 20s or 30s, was hit by a car at the B 1107 Brandon Road at Thetford, off the A11, close to the entrance of the Thetford Golf Club at 7.15am.
She suffered serious injuries and died at the scene.
The road had been closed between the A11 roundabout and the Santon Downham turning but was cleared and re-opened at 10.25am, police said.
Inspector Chris Brooks added that the investigation was in its early stages, but warned pedestrians to take care on dark roads.
You may also want to watch:
This latest crash has claimed the ninth life on the region's roads in less than a month.
Eight victims aged from seven to 87 died in the tragedies during December.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 6 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 9 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 10 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
Sisters Jessica Portor, seven, and sister Tamzin, 10, were the youngest victims. They died in a crash on the A47 near Walsoken on December 27.
John and Patricia Knight were killed in a Christmas Eve crash on the A47 near Dereham as they travelled from Leicester to visit their son Stephen in Dereham.
Sixteen-year-old Andrew Oakley died in a two-vehicle crash near Diss at the weekend and a woman, thought to be in her 70s, died in a three-vehicle crash at Ingoldisthorpe on Sunday.
On December 14 a couple in their eighties died following a crash in Drayton, near Norwich.
Police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed today's crash or has information linked to it. Contact Sgt Peter Howlett at Swaffham road policing on 101.