Update: Investigation launched after fatal crash at Hales
An investigation has been launched after a fatal crash happened on the A146 at Hales, near Loddon, at the weekend.
A male motorcyclist died at the scene of the crash which involved a motorbike and an ambulance colliding on Saturday night at about 7.55pm by the junction of Green Lane by Hales Green and the village cricket team's ground.
Two people in the ambulance suffered minor injures. There were no passengers or patients in the ambulance at the time.
A spokesman from the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'The ambulance was enroute to an emergency call when the collision in Loddon happened. The paramedic crew were both taken to hospital with minor injuries. The East of England Ambulance Service is working with Norfolk police and an internal investigation has been launched immediately. As such no further comment can be made.'
David Clarke, 73 and who lives off the A146 by the accident scene, said he had got home that night at 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
At 1am he saw the ambulance being lifted on to a break down truck but said there was no sign of the motorbike.
Mr Clarke, a retired company secretary at Loddon Farms, said: 'I have been here 20 years and I have seen many accidents around here in my time.'
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
Any witnesses are asked to contact Norfolk police on 0845 4564567.