UPDATE: Hales crash victim named
A man who died earlier this month following a motorcycle crash has been named.
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) confirmed the identity of Neil Griffiths from Houghton in Huntingdon, who died in a collision near Hales on Saturday, July 9.
The incident happened on the A146 Beccles Road, at the junction with Green Lane at approximately 7.54pm. A white Honda motorcycle travelling from the Lowestoft direction was in collision with an ambulance.
The 54-year-old motorcyclist suffered serious injuries and was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
Two ambulance staff sustained minor injuries. There were no passengers in the ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Police continue with investigations and any witnesses to the incident or the manner of driving of either vehicle are asked to contact SCIT on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us