Update: Flooding at Walcott in Norfolk tonight
The Environment Agency has warned that there is a possibility of flooding around Norfolk this evening.
It has issued flood warnings at coastal locations at west, north and the east of the county as well as at River Yare from Thorpe St Andrew to Breydon Water and River Waveney from Ellingham to Breydon Water.
High tides are expected at around 10.15pm in Great Yarmouth and between 7.30pm and 7.50pm in other locations, but the sea was reported to be flooding the coast road at Walcott earlier in the evening.
A spokesman for the Environment Agency said: 'The wind direction is going offshore which is good news and it is not likley there will be serious flooding.
'But there is a possibility of property flooding on low lying land.'
You may also want to watch:
The flood warnings have been issued for west Norfolk next to the River Great Ouse between Denver and King's Lynn and the coast between King's Lynn and Hunstanton, areas along the north Norfolk coast from Old Hunstanton to Weybourne including Wells Quay and Salthouse, from Sheringham to Winterton and Great Yarmouth.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 10 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school