UPDATE: Firefighters deal with severe boat fire at Coltishall
Firefighters are still at the scene of a severe boat fire at Coltishall this afternoon.
Crews from Sprowston and Earlham were called to a 21-foot (6.4m) Freeman cruiser 'well alight' at a Norfolk Meads Hotel mooring in the village at about 2.30pm.
Fuel was said to be leaking from the boat and both the Environment Agency and Sprowston's environmental protection unit were still at the scene at 5pm.
The boat, Evandro, belongs to a local man, according to a Broads Authority spokesman. There were no reports of any injuries.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies