UPDATE: Elderly man dies after falling down steps at recycling centre near North Walsham
An elderly man has died after falling down a set of steps at a recycling centre just outside North Walsham.
The 77-year-old, named as John Buckle, suffered a serious head injury in the fall last Thursday and was flown by air ambulance to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
He was found unconscious at the Worstead Recycling Site by staff and members of the public just before 10am.
An inquest into his death is due to be opened this afternoon.
The recycling centre, run by Norfolk County Council, was closed for the rest of the day and the incident has now been passed to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) for investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The HSE has said it will be visiting the site off Old Yarmouth Road to make further inquiries.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting