Update: Death of woman in her 60s not being treated as ‘suspicious’ by police
- Credit: James Bass
The death of a woman, who was found on Winterton beach yesterday afternoon, is not being treated as suspicious by police. .
The woman's body was found on a remote spot at the popular beach at Winterton-on-Sea, near Great Yarmouth, at 3.45pm yesterday.
The beach was reopened this morning, and this afternoon a spokesman for Norfolk police said the woman's death was not being treated as suspicious, as investigations to establish her identity continue.
The spokesman said: 'Police can confirm that the death of a woman found at Winterton, near Great Yarmouth, is not being treated as suspicious.
Officers were alerted to the discovery about 3.45pm yesterday (Saturday, June 1). The woman is believed to be in her 60s, although inquiries to establish her identity continue.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 6 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park