UPDATE: Death of woman found at Wells beach is not being treated as suspicious
The death of a woman who was found in water at Wells beach yesterday is not being treated as suspicious, police have confirmed this morning.
Formal identification of the body has not yet been carried out.
The coroner has been informed.
The woman was seen by a member of the beach patrol team in the water at about 10am yesterday. The inshore lifeboat retrieved the body.
It is not known if the woman was local.
The area was cordoned off for a short period but the beach was open as normal for most of the day.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 4 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 5 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 6 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 9 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 10 Jailed in Norfolk: Flytippers and paedophiles