Update: Cyclist taken to hospital with serious leg injury following collision with lorry in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2014
A cyclist has been taken to hospital with a serious leg injury following a collision involving a lorry in Norwich today.
The crash happened just after 1pm on Colman Road by the junction with The Avenues.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said the male cyclist suffered a potentially life-changing leg injury and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by land ambulance.
The spokesman said the East Anglian Air Ambulance also attended and that the air ambulance team treated the cyclist at the scene.
One crew of firefighters from Earlham, and one from Carrow, were sent to the incident, and firefighters were there until shortly before 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists have been warned to expect delays in the area while emergency services deal with the incident.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or the moments leading up to it.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 7 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
- 8 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 9 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk Police on 101.