Update: Cromer carnival completes its ‘royal family’
- Credit: Archant
The last pieces of the Cromer carnival 'royal family' jigsaw were added at the weekend.
The two junior attendants were chosen on Friday night, and the prince and princess on Sunday afternoon.
Eve Dawson, and Bethany Cuff, both 13, were picked from 19 junior attendant contenders at the Cottage pub.
The two are friends through being fellow Cromer Academy students and used to go horseriding together.
Eve from Oliver Court off Cromwell Road, Cromer said she was 'shocked' to win, but it was the 'best feeling ever.'
You may also want to watch:
She enjoys singing and acting, through school, the Sheringham Youth Choir and the Sheringham Little Theatre, and was looking forward to taking part in the carnival parade for the first time.
Bethany, from Overstrand, enjoys walking, badminton and experimenting with hair and make-up - so was looking forward to being pampered for her carnival appearances later in the summer.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
They were chosen by a trio of judges - Gail Adams from the King's Head which sponsored the event, Tracey Bartlett from Hair Studio One, and North Norfolk News editor Richard Batson.
The duo join carnival queen Jade Armstrong and senior attendant Jodie Rice - along with prince and princess Oliver Fraser, aged nine, and Daisy Reynolds, seven, who were chosen at the Cromer Community Hall on Sunday afternoon by a panel of judges comprising Graham Lewis from North Norfolk Radio, Emma Askew from the Rose Garden flower shop, Alison Kimmins from the John Oliver hair salon and Amy Worley of Amy Elizabeth Photography.