UPDATE: Collision closes Great Yarmouth road
A BUSY road has been closed in Great Yarmouth town centre following a collision between two cars.
King Street has been closed at the junction with Yarmouth Way as emergency services deal with the incident, which happened at around 3.45pm and involved a Volvo and a VW.
A 52-year-old woman has been trapped in one of the vehicles and fire crews are working to release her. Paramedics will be taking her to the James Paget Hospital once she is freed.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said she had suffered from shoulder injuries but they were not serious.
Police are also in attendance and are directing cars away from King Street. It is not know when the road will reopen.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market