Update: car wedged across the South Gate, in King’s Lynn, last night
Woman taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital after Kia ended-up wedged in the gateway blocking the road for an hour
Police are investigating how a red Kia ended-up wedged sideways in King's Lynn's South gate last night.
A woman in her 40s was taken to the town's Queen Elizabeth Hospital after the car was in collision with a DAF truck and spun into the arch.
It became wedged in the gateway and blocked the main road into town for more than an hour.
A police spokesman said the car was removed at around 8pm.
Photographer Paul Hampson, who captured the image, said it looked as though both vehicles may have attempted to get through the gate at the same time.
His pictures of the crash were uploaded via our iWitness app.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge