Update: Body found in water at Beccles confirmed as missing 72-year-old Alan Thomas
THE body of a man found in the water at Beccles on Friday has been confirmed as that of 72-year-old missing man Alan Thomas.
Divers from Thames Valley Police, who were assisting Suffolk officers in the search for Mr Thomas, found the body around 1.30pm on Friday afternoon.
It was later formally identified as Mr Thomas, who lived in the town.
Mr Thomas was reported missing after his bag was found on Beccles Marshes last Tuesday,
As is standard procedure, the death is being treated as unexplained pending the results of a post mortem examination, due to be held tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
At this stage there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 7 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 8 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 9 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 10 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit