Update: Body discovered in burnt-out Diss caravan
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
A body found following a fire in a caravan is that of a man, police have revealed.
Emergency services were called to the scene near a railway track on Sawmills Road, Diss, at 8.20pm yesterday (Saturday) by a member of the public.
Fire crews from Diss and Harleston contained the fire and a body was found in the remains of the caravan.
The death is being treated as unexplained and the area was still sealed off this morning.
Enquiries are continuing and forensic investigators will today (Sunday) try to establish the cause of the fire in conjunction with the fire service.
You may also want to watch:
Formal identification of the man is still to take place but next of kin have been informed.
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk police on 101.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park