UPDATE: Bikini models brave horrible Holt weather for a good cause
When they were booked for a spot of bikini-clad fundraising in the middle of July, models Roxy Osborne and Laura Cale were probably planning to pack their suncream.
But sunburn was never an option on Saturday as they braved relentless rain and unseasonably chilly temperatures on the genteel streets of Holt.
They refused to be daunted, though, and grabbed a brolly, sported a smile and showed the best British virtue of indomitable spirit.
The pair were raising money for Keeping Abreast, a charity that campaigns on behalf of women who have had breast reconstructive surgery.
And their efforts bore fruit, as they collected more than �250 for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
They were collecting cash outside Pollard & Read, a High Street lingerie shop that is celebrating its second birthday.
Shop owner Lindsay Furniss said: 'The models kindly volunteered to model in their bikinis. And, even though the weather has been awful, they've been out there all day.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 6 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
'People have been supporting the cause very generously and have continued to donate money. It's been great.'
She added: 'The rain's been dreadful pretty much all day, but the girls have been fantastic. We've been celebrating the British summer.'