Update: Big fire at chalet bungalow in Wroxham is extinguished
Eight fire engines were needed to fight a large fire at a chalet bungalow in Wroxham this afternoon.
A man and a woman in their 80s were given treatment for smoke inhalation by an East of England Ambulance Service crew but no one was seriously hurt in the large fire on The Avenue.
Fire engines from Wroxham, Sprowston, Carrow and North Walsham were being aided by a pumping appliance and aerial ladder platform from Earlham.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service also had six support appliances, such as water carriers, on the scene. The fire broke out at around 1.35pm and was put out by 3.30pm, but it is not yet clear what started it. It is not being treated as suspicious.
Station manager Ian MacLeod said: 'At this time of year if anyone has elderly relatives living on their own, it is a good idea to check that they are ok.
You may also want to watch:
'People can contact us and we can carry out a home safety check.'
Did you see the fire or have you got any pictures? Contact reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772495 or email@example.com
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 8 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash