Update at 8.10pm: Accident now cleared.
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old woman has been taken to hospital after her car crashed head-on with a lorry on a slip road coming off the Norwich-bound A47 at Dereham.
The driver of the Audi was described by police as 'hysterical' at the scene and has been taken to hospital with minor injuries. The driver of the lorry was not hurt.
Police said it appears that the car went the wrong way up the slip road and crashed head on into a lorry coming off the A47. The front of the car was damaged and its air bag was deployed.
The accident - which happened at about 5pm - closed the slip roads going onto and coming off the A47, and caused delays to rush-hour traffic in the area.
Recovery work has been going on and highways workers were called to clear the road.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said an investigation into the cause of the accident was at an early stage.
The crash scene was cleared by about 8.10pm.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault