Update: All power restored after fire in electicity pole on north Norfolk coast near Walcott
- Credit: Archant
Power has been restored to the final 492 customers after a fire in an electricity pole this morning.
UK Power Newtworks engineers turned off supplies to 1,347 customers at 11.08 am and a firecrew from Mundesley attended the scene, at Ostend Gap, near Walcott, on the north Norfolk coast.
Repairs continued through the day and at 3pm 492 customers were still without power. Their service was restored at 5.18pm.
A UK Power Networks spokesman apologised for the inconvenience caused.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146