Update: A47 reopened in Acle and Costessey after rush-hour crashes caused delays for motorists
- Credit: Archant
It was a difficult drive into work for motorists this morning after seven vehicles were involved in two crashes on the A47 - at Costessey and Acle.
Police and other emergency services were alerted to a crash on A47 at Costessey, close to the junction with the showground, just before 8am today.
Fire crews from Earlham and Carrow responded to the crash and assisted ambulance crews, providing casualty care and scene safety.
A police spokesman said four vehicles were involved in the crash which blocked the road although it was not clear what injuries occurred as a result. The spokesman said the road was cleared at 9.50am.
Police were also called to another crash on the A47 this morning on the Acle Straight. Officers were called at 8.05am to the three vehicle crash which has meant the road is partially blocked with delays in both directions between Acle Roundabout and the Branch Road junction.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said one female complained of chest pain.
The road was cleared at 9.20am.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 7 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner