Update: A47 cleared after crash near Norwich
Traffic on the A47 southern bypass was blocked eastbound near Norwich this morning following a four-vehicle crash just after 8am.
The crash happened on the eastbound carriageway's outside lane between the Thickthorn A11 junction and Harford Bridges junction with the A140.
There were three ambulances and two police cars on the scene to control the situation, which was believed to have been caused by the vehicles going into the back of each other.
The ambulance service treated a 41-year-old woman with a neck complaint at the scene but no one was taken to hospital.
Disruption was still being caused at around 10.15am however, as an ambulance had broken down at the scene and was awaiting recovery.
You may also want to watch:
Have you got any pictures of the queues? Email them to email@example.com
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 5 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 6 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 7 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 8 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 9 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 10 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'