Update: 78-year-old woman ‘improving’ after head-on collision in Bayfield, near Holt
A 78-year-old woman who was flown to hospital last week following a traffic accident is continuing to recover in hospital.
The woman had been in a 'critical condition' after being involved in a head-on collision in Bayfield, near Holt.
But a spokesman from Norfolk Constabulary said she was 'improving every day'.
The collision took place on Blakeney Road close to the entrance to Bayfield Hall at around 1pm on Wednesday June 6.
A blue Toyota Corolla was travelling towards Blakeney when it was involved in a head-on collision with a silver Porsche Targa travelling in the opposite direction.
Ambulance crews attended to the unconscious 78-year-old female driver of the Toyota who was given pain relief and treatment by land and air medics on scene to help her breathing.
She was later airlifted by the East Anglian Air Ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
A Norfolk Constabulary spokesman said: 'The woman continues to recover in hospital and is now out of intensive care – her condition is improving each day.'
No other people were injured in the incident.
? Acle Roads Policing Unit are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen the Toyota in the area prior to the collision. Witnesses are asked to contact PC Andrew Pearce at Norfolk Constabulary on 101.