University of East Anglia alumnus made an OBE
- Credit: Courtesy of Film London.
A University of East Anglia alumnus has been made an OBE for his services to film in the Queen's Birthday Honours list.
Adrian Wootton is chief executive of Film London, the charitable organisation responsible for attracting major film and TV productions to the capital.
Mr Wootton has had a lifelong career in the film industry and, back in 2012, he received an honorary doctorate in the arts and was appointed visiting professor of film and media at Norwich University of the Arts. In 2014, he received an honorary doctorate of letters from Norwich's UEA.
With the help of Film London, the capital city's film, TV and animation industries generate billions for the UK economy and support thousands of jobs. Research shows that, in 2016, Film London's activity generated around £225m in additional revenue.
Upon being made an Order of the British Empire, Mr Wootton expressed gratefulness to the mentors and peers who helped him to achieve so much during his career.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'From my undergraduate and postgraduate studies at UEA, to my first paid programming job at the Bradford Playhouse, my role as founding director of Nottingham's Broadway Media Centre and then to the BFI, I owe a huge debt of thanks to those who've helped, guided and supported me on my journey.
'I'm completely surprised and totally delighted to receive this honour. Film has been my lifelong passion, and I feel incredibly lucky to have carved out a career in such a marvellous, inspirational and creative industry.'
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham