Investigation underway following ‘unexplained death’ near Norwich city centre pub
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating following the death of a man in Norwich city centre.
Officers were called to Old Post Office Court, near the Walnut Tree Shades pub, shortly after 5pm today to assist the ambulance service.
Police have cordoned off an alleyway opposite the pub where it is believed the body was found.
A member of the public, who did not want to be named, said a man turning his car around in the alley spotted the body.
He said a pub customer then went over to check the man's pulse.
You may also want to watch:
'I think the driver called it in [to the emergency services],' the member of the public said.
'He looked like he had been there for some time, possibly all night.'
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list
He said the body was found near to the steps of a fire escape.
A Norfolk police spokesman said officers are currently on scene investigating the incident.
The spokesman said the death is currently being treated as 'unexplained', but it is not thought to be suspicious.
Police are said to be reviewing CCTV footage from around the city centre as part of their enquiries.
The police spokesman said the ambulance service reported that the body had been found by a member of the public.